This course is designed to provide the learner with:
- Information on the hazards and risks associated with working an overhead 10 ton or less cranes.
- An understanding of the CSA and Regulations and their application.
- The knowledge and skills required to understand rigging, load testing, the importance of balance and the control of the cranes load.
This course is recommended for:
- Workers who work with or around overhead cranes.
- Supervisors and Managers who oversee workers or work environments with overhead cranes in use.
- Safety Committee Members or Safety Representatives.
- Safety Advisors.
Course follow up:
- You are responsible to read and understand your companies Policies, Standards, and Safe Work Practices pertaining to the job before performing any work where an overhead crane is required.
- Experience will be gained in the field under the coaching, mentoring, and direction of your Supervisor and or Safety Advisor.