This course is designed to provide the learner with:
- Provide the learner with the knowledge and skills required to select, inspect, use and care for Fall Protection Equipment.
- Provide the learner with an understanding of Fall Protection Regulations and their application.
Upon completion of this training the learner will be able to:
- Know and understand the hazards associated with working at heights,
- Know and understand how to mitigate the hazards associated with working at heights,
- Identify various types of Fall Protection Systems,
- Select, inspect, use and care for various types of Fall Protection Equipment,
- Understand the Regulatory requirements for FP systems and equipment,
- Perform pre-use inspections of Fall Protection Equipment
- Understand the dynamics of a fall event.
- Know and understand the purpose and contents of a fall protection plan.
Course follow up:
- You are responsible to read and understand your companies Policies, Standards and Safe Work Practices pertaining to Fall Protection before performing any work where Fall Protection is required.
- Experience will be gained in the field under the coaching, mentoring and direction
of your Supervisor.