This course is designed to provide the learner with:
- Information on the hazards and risks associated with hot work.
- An understanding of Regulations and their applications, as to hot work, in the workplace.
- The knowledge and skills required to understand permitting and the importance and responsibilities of a fire watch.
This course is recommended for:
- Workers who work in hot work situations.
- Supervisors and Managers, who oversee workers, who work in various hot work environments.
- Safety Committee Members or Safety Representatives; and Safety Advisors.
Course follow up:
- You are responsible to read and understand your companies Policies, Standards, and Safe Work Practices pertaining to hot work, before performing any work where fire watch is required.
- Experience will be gained in the field under the coaching, mentoring, and direction of your Supervisor and or Safety Advisor.