Annual inspections and recertification of body harnesses and lanyards must be completed by a “competent” person on an annual basis.
Prerequisite: Participants in the course should hold a current Fall Prevention / Fall Arrest certificate.
This course is designed to provide the learner with:
- An understanding of the applicable NS Regulations.
- The knowledge required to conduct annual inspections of body harnesses and lanyards.
Upon completion of this training the learner will be able to:
- Understand relevant definitions.
- Understand the NS Legislative Requirements
- Understand the defense of Due Diligence.
- Understand the benefits of yearly inspections.
- Know the inspection criteria.
- Demonstrate how to complete inspections.
- Obtain a pass mark of 75% on a post training test.
Course Follow Up:
- You are responsible to read and understand your companies Policies, Standards and Safe Work Practices pertaining to harness and lanyard inspection.
- Experience and skills will be gained in the field under the coaching, mentoring and direction from your Supervisor.